Below are a list of accomplishments I have had and recognition I have received for writing blogs.
- On May 11, 2016, I was interviewed by Kristi Russo for the Huffington Post and the article How To Expertly Handle the Job Offer went live. I was interviewed along with my friend Laura Mazzullo of East Side Staffing.
- In 2014, I was listed as one of the Top 50 Movers & Shakers in the HR/Recruitment in 2014! A huge honor and surrounded by some of the best recognized leaders in the HR space.
- On January 12, 2016 Bulls Eye Recruiting was cited in the Dice.Com article With Hard-to-fill Jobs Think Unconventional
- On June 8, 2015, Bulls Eye Recruiting was cited in the article More Competitive Hiring Market Demands More Proactive Measures by Employers
- In December 2015, Bulls Eye Recruiting was cited in the article Workforce Strategies: Online Recruiting
- I was interviewed by RSP Recruitment on May 2, 2016 in a blog called 60 Seconds with: Will Thomson of Bulls Eye Recruiting. It was a fun interview.
- In 2015, I was listed in The 20 Best Recruiting Articles for 2015 for the article What a Recruiter Really Does- #iamarecruiter
- In September 2014, I was listed as the TOP 150 CAREER & LEADERSHIP BLOGS FOR YOUR SUCCESS IN 2014. A HUGE honor.
Carnival of HR
Every Month a different recognized blogger puts together the “best HR blogs of the month” from around the globe.
- For May of 2014, Julie Winkle Giulioni mentioned me twice. Once for my blog with Take The Interview and once for my blog with Blogging4Jobs – Disconnected In a Connected World.
- For June of 2014, Mervyn Dennin mentioned me for my post Why Do You Want to Be In HR?
- For September of 2014, Robin Schooling mentioned me for my post 8 Things to Consider When Doing a Video Interview
- For November of 2014, Blake McCammon mentioned me for my post 5 Reasons You SHOULD take the interview
Take The Interview
- I was the “Featured Recruiter of the Month” for May 2014 for Take the Interview and talked about recruiting for Rosetta Stone, Social Media, and my philosophies on recruiting in general.
- On February 18, 2014, my post There IS A Talent War in 2015 was featured in This Weeks Best of Social Media, Recruiting, and World of Work
- How to Impress a Recruiter was listed in the Top 50 Job Search Articles of 2014. This list is put out once a year by Jacob Shares and humbled to be on his list considering how many blog posts are written in a year.
- Candidates WILL NOT Wait for Companies to Make Hiring Decisions was listed in the Top Job Search Articles of 2015
- I was a featured recruiter on July 1, 2014 for JobHuk. The blog was called Interview on the Tech and Trends.
HR Insights Magazine
- My first published article was in January/February 2015 on page 17!!
HR Insights Newsletter
- HR Insights features a few posts a month in a newsletter. For the Inaugurial June 2014 Newsletter my post 5 Questions Before Accepting a Position was featured.
Complete IT Professional
- Bulls Eye recruiting was listed as Top 100 Software Development Blogs in 2015. Quite an honor, since I am not a Software Developer.
- Will Thomson was listed as Top 100 Most Influential People in HR and on Twitter on January 27, 2015.
Your Sample Resume
Will Thomson was featured on an expert panel on the blog post Top Questions You NEED to Ask in an Interview on May 31, 2015
- I was asked in May 2014, if YouTern could run my blog post 5 Traits Recruiters Look For In Passive Candidates.
- I was asked in May 2014, if YouTern could run my blog post 6 Ways Candidates Remove Themselves from Consideration.
- In June 2014, YouTern ran Ryan Harding’s Post 4 Simple Tricks to Make Your Resume Relevant to the Reader which was originally featured on Bulls Eye Recruiting
- In July 2014, YouTern ran Amy Ala and my post 10 Things You DON’T know About Corporate Recruiters and SHOULD.
- In July 2014, YouTern ran Ryan Harding’s Post 5 Lies That Will Ensure You Don’t Get the Job which was originally featured on Bulls Eye Recruiting.
- In July 2014, YouTern ran Chadd Balbi’s Top 5 Ways to Stand Out on LinkedIn which was originally featured on Bulls Eye Recruiting
- In October 2014, YouTern ran 7 Reasons You are Not Impressing A Recruiter which was originally on Bulls Eye Recruiting
- In October 2104, YouTern ran When a Recruiter Calls Shoud You Consider a Career Change?
- On August 11, 2014, I was recognized for Referrals are Still the Best Candidates, a post I wrote for Blogging4Jobs in The 5 best HR & recruitment articles of the week.
- On July 20, 2014, LeadTail HR ran a post 10 HR Blog Posts You May Have Missed (But Shouldn’t) which highlighted 5 Reasons The Cover Letter Is Not Dead.
In February 2014, I was added to HR Blogger. The purpose of HR Blogger is to bring the best HR, Recruiting, and Talent Management Blogs in one place. Created by Jessica Miller-Merrell, who is known for Blogging4Jobs. In 2009, Jessica created the first ever HR Blogging Directory featuring some of the best HR, Job Search, and Recruiting blogs throughout the world. And in 2011, HR Blogger is the next generation of that directory.
In addition to writing for Blogging4Jobs every week, there is a “Top 5 #Workplace Blogs of the Week” every week.
- On March 23, 2014 a “Ghost Blog” made the list with 5 Lies That Damage Your Reputation as a Job Applicant.
- On April 18th, 2014 my post A Bad Hire? Why Are You Freaking Out?! was listed as one of the best posts of the week.
- On May 5, 2014, I had 2 posts listed in the Top 5 #Workplace Blogs of the Week! A Recruitment Revolution is Upon Us from Bullseye Recruiting and my Blogging4Jobs Post Making a Career Transition for All of the Right Reasons was featured.
- On June 13, 2014 my post Why Do You Want to Be In HR was listed in the Top 5 #Workplace Blogs of the Week.
- On July 11, 2014 my post Every Rose Has It’s Thorn In HR was listed in the Top 5 Workplace Blogs of the Week.
- On November 6, 2014 my post 5 Reasons You Should Take the Interview was listed in the Top #5 Workplace Blogs of the Week
- On December 19, 2014 a guest post The 5 Best & 5 Worst Paying Jobs in America was listed in the Top 5 #Workplace Blogs of the Week
Jibe provides cloud based recruiting technology solutions that makes recruiting about people, not processes. They have 5 posts that they feature as the best every week.
- On April 21st, 2014 my post from Blogging4Jobs Little Data – The X Factor in HR was listed as one of the 5 best blog posts of the week. Included in this list were ERE & SHRM.
- On June 2nd, 2014, my post from ERE A Recruitment Revolution is Upon Us was featured in ICYMI Monday: Rumors In Reputation as one of the best posts of the week
- In the month of February 2015, I was listed as one of the Top Influencers in HR/ Recruitment.
- On February 18, 2015, I’ve Decided Recruiting IS a Rocket Science was listed in Jibe’s newsletter.
- On April 25, 2015, I was part of an Expert Panel for Jibe in the Blog Expert Panel: Social Media Defined and How to Elevate Your Skills
Christopher Brablc is the author of Smashfly Recruitment and puts out weekly posts commending top knotch articles from around the globe.
- On May 15th, 2014 I was recognized for my blog Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile on the Job Post 5 Recruitment Marketing Articles of the Week 5.10.14 to 5.16.14
- On July 26th, 2013 he wrote “5 Recruitment Marketing Articles of the Week 7.20.13 to 7.26.13” and Amy Ala and our post “He Said, She Said-The Likability Factor” was recognized.
- Recognized for my first ERE article “3 Dangers to Consider in Peak Hiring”. On November 8th, 2014 he wrote “5 Best Recruitment Marketing Articles of the Week 11.2.2013- 11.8.2013 which you can read here.
(@ChristopherinHR) is a well known blogger in Austin and read across the globe. He writes weekly posts to talk about the best recruiting blogs of the week. In 2013 I made many of his lists.
- in 2015, I made the “Best Blogs 1 May 2015” with 5 Things You Need to Know When Entering HR
- in 2015, I made the “Best Blogs 23 January 2015” with PURPOSE is What People Want In Their Jobs
- in 2014, Ryan Harding made the “Best Blogs 25 July 2014” with 7 Reasons Not to Ignore Your Internal Candidate
- in 2014, I made the “Best Blogs 23 May 2014” which my post The Best Salesman I have Ever Met That Failed Miserably was mentioned.
- In 2013, I made the “Best Blogs 13 December 2013” which you can read here for the post 5 Questions to Ask Before Accepting a Position.
- In 2013, I made the “Best Blogs 29 November 2013” for the post Candidates: Second Steps In Landing Your Next Job. I talk about how I found a job in the home-building industry without recruiter assistance and what I learned along the way
- In 2013, I made the “Best Blogs 21 June 2013” which you can read here for the post “Blessed“.
Marc Miller has a website Career Pivot which was recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 100 career websites.
- On December 29, 2013, Marc listed the top posts that were viewed on his website. You can read that here. The guest post I wrote was called 5 Ways Recruiters Will Find You
Undergradsuccess is a site that gives advice to undergrad students. We partner together and they feature some of my posts from time to time
- On June 6, 2014 UndergradSuccess ran The Definative Guide to Changing Careers which was a spin of my 30 Things You Must Do When Changing Careers.
- On July 4, 2014 UndergradSuccess ran 8 Steps to being Unemployable which was a spin of 8 Things to Eliminate Yourself from Candidate Consideration QUICKLY!
- On August 4, 2014 Undergrad Success Ran The 10 Questions You Need to Ask Yourself Before Interviewing.
- On October 24, 2014 Undergrad Success Ran 5 Reasons The Cover Letter is Not Dead
- On October 31, 2014, Undergrad Success Ran 6 Questions You MUST Ask Before Saying “Yes”
- On November 6, 2014, Undergrad Success Ran How To Impress a Recruiter