In July of 2014, there is a good chance you have heard of the blog site Bulls Eye Recruiting. A year ago, you probably hadn’t. To tell the story of Bulls Eye Recruiting, I have to start at the beginning. In June of 2012 I was asked to go to a Veteran job fair for Dell in Detroit, MI. The only caveat was that I had to write a blog post about my experiences at the career fair. I never would have imagined or expected what would happen next.
The article I wrote ended up being on the front page of Dell’s intranet and my supervisor at the time encouraged me to write more. I wrote a second post and submitted it to Recruiting Blogs and my career in blogging began.
To my surprise, people liked what I had to say. I wrote for a little over a year for Recruiting Blogs and then created my own site Bulls Eye Recruiting. I had a decent following, but I was dissatisfied with the results. I knew I had to have a re-design. In December 2013, I did a re-design.
I had the content, but I needed help. Marc Miller took me under his wing and helped me get my site going. His site Career Pivot was listed by Forbes last year as one of the Top 100 Career Websites. 7 months later I am astounded by the results.
Had some of the best Authors contribute to Bulls Eye Recruiting. Without these people Bulls Eye would not be what it is today.
Here are some of the accomplishments BullsEye Recruiting had in 2014 and we are only half way through the first year:
- Twice Recognized by the Carnival of HR for best blogs
- 6 Articles were picked up by YouTern
- 5 times listed in the “Top 5 Workplace Blogs of the Week” by Blogging4Jobs
- 2 Posts listed by Jibe as Top Blogs of the Week
- 4 Interviews from Work4Labs, Take The Interview, Jobhuk, and People2People
- Articles Syndicated through Business2Community
- Articles Syndicated through Yahoo Small Business
- 2 Articles Pickedup by Monster
- Bi-Weekly Writer for Blogging4Jobs
- 5 Guest posts for Work4Labs
- 2 Guest posts for RecruitingDaily
- Top Commented Article for ERE June 2014
Some of the biggest things accomplished are:
- Listed as Top 50 Mover & Shaker in Recruiting Industry by Top Recruiter
- Appeared in Reality TV series Top Recruiter
And the Biggest Honor to date
- Listed by YouTern as the Top 50 Career Websites for Young Careerists
All of these awards can be seen here, but the thing is Bulls Eye is just getting started! The second half of the year has more exciting things than the first half.
We are bringing on even more regular bloggers and guest bloggers. Stay tuned and PLEASE contact me if interested in continuing to grow the site.
In August 2014, we will have a series on Global Recruitment and feature recruiters from all over the world including
- United Kingdom
So, stay tuned. Tell people about the site and let’s continue hitting the Bulls Eye. If you want to see what the rest of 2014 brings, please subscribe, it will be a fun ride!